The nations today are educating their people to disbelieve in God and to disobey his laws. That is the single most tragic consequence of the educational system in every nation that teaches its citizens from kg to phd that they are the evolutionary offsprings of slimy creatures that finally evolved into apes which ultimately devolved into the more dangerous species, man.
Even when schools in the West taught their little ones to trust their apenine and asinine origins, they, until the 60s, were also teaching them to pray in school to the One they officially didn’t believe in. Until the actions of a few atheists caused the US and other nations with a similar culture to clamp down on this hypocrisy by banning prayer in school, completing the evolution of man into absolute atheists.
The consequence of banning God in the American school was terribly calamitous. God does not enforce his protection on institutions that do not want him there.
On June 25, 2012, the American nation celebrated its 50th anniversary of the prayer ban in its public schools. It was on this day in 1962 that the US Supreme Court first ruled that prayer in public schools is unconstitutional. The common prayer, which the children had been praying daily in school until then, read:
‘Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers and our nation.’
Since then the nation has reaped the consequences of eliminating God from the schools – a dramatic increase in crime, venereal disease, premarital sex, illiteracy, suicide, drug use, public corruption, and other social ills. A report entitled ‘America: To Pray or Not to Pray’, produced by Specialty Research Associates, gives some statistics:
A. Young People
1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963 pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.
B. The Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/instruction was removed from the schools.
3. Of the nation’s top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
D. The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
2. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
3. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
Another report, from Time and Newsweek magazines, show that suicide rate among US teens has risen 118 percent in the last 15 years while drug use has risen almost 90 percent since 1992.
I have given the sick state of America’s educational system as an example of what happens to any nation when God’s protection and blessings are forbidden to be asked for in schools. Tragically, what is happening in schools in America is being replayed in other nations such as UK, South Africa, Canada and such countries that once held up prayer as the first activity before anything else in school.
A nation can continue to be protected and grow in greatness only so far as it looks to the Great God as its only Source of every blessing.
The only way a nation can educate its children to a great future is to teach them first to honor and obey the immutable spiritual laws – summarized in The 10 Commandments – and then to teach them the laws in physics and other subjects.
America was founded on the prayers of its founding fathers who feared God and kept his commandments. Thus an ardent community of a few hundred Godbelieving refugees grew to become the greatest nation in history. And now, without God’s laws being taught in its core educational programs, we see a shocking reversal of trends. Every year the statistical figures of children falling victim to violence and vulgarity in schools is shooting up at a phenomenal rate, and the rate will continue to grow exponentially each year…unless there is a nationwide turning of the people’s hearts to their God again.
Take to heart what George Washington, one of the founding fathers of his country, said about those leaders today who suppose that they can educate a young generation to a prosperous future by banning God in their schools:
‘Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports – And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion – reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.’